Location: Libertyville, Illinois
Email: Email Me
Susan began working at Schlesinger, Strauss & Hoyt LLC in January, 2022 as an associate attorney.
Susan has a long history of representing and protecting families and children. Susan previously worked at the Public Guardian’s Office in Cook County working as an Attorney and Guardian ad litem for over 10 years. Susan has handled many cases as a CASA Volunteer in both Cook and Lake Counties. Susan also has had numerous families for which she was appointed to supervise parenting time between a parent and child(ren) and is also currently being appointed and handling supervised parenting cases.
Although Susan has had extensive work experience in the legal work force, she finds family law to be the most satisfying. She practices family law in Lake County and suburban Cook Counties and handles a full range of family law matters including parenting time disagreements, custody disagreements, reunification issues, setting and modifying child support, and enforcing court orders.
Susan is also a member of several bar associations including the Illinois Bar Association, Lake County Bar Association and the Attorney Women of Lake County.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- John Marshall Law School (n/k/a University of Illinois Chicago Law), January 2002, J.D.
- Hillsdale College, Hillsdale, MI (1985) Bachelor of Science: Business Administration, concentration: law
- Loyola University (f/k/a Mallickrodt College), Wilmette, IL (1991) Paralegal Certificate
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
- Association of Women Attorneys Lake County
Past Employment Positions
- Public Guardian’s Office of Cook County, Chicago, IL. Attorney and GAL 2002-2009
- Ronald L. Bell, Libertyville, IL., Attorney 2015-2019
- Contract Attorney positions, 2009-2015 and 2019-2020
- CASA of Cook County and Lake County
- Professional Supervisor of Parenting Time 2021-