Location: Libertyville, Illinois
Rachael Bernal is a graduate of the University of Illinois College of Law. During law school, Rachael represented parents and children in juvenile abuse cases through the Family Advocacy Clinic. Rachael also represented victims of domestic violence through the College of Law’s Domestic Violence Legal Clinic.
- Family Law
- Law School:University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois, 2017, J.D. Cum Laude
- College: Bowdoin College, Brunswick, Maine, B.A. Neuroscience & French
Relevant past Employment Positions
- Research Assistant to Robin Fretwell Wilson, University of Illinois College of Law May 2016 – June 2017
- 711 Law Student, Family Advocacy Clinic, University of Illinois College of Law, May 2016 – May 2017
- 711 Law, Domestic Violence Clinic, University of Illinois College of Law, August 2015 – May 2016
- Legal Intern, Judge Sebastian Patti, D.V. Courthouse, Cook County, Illinois, Summer 2015
Honors and Awards
- Rickert Award for Advocacy (2017)
- Rachael Bernal, “Do I Really Have To?, An Example of Mandatory Reporting Statutes and the Civil and Criminal Penalties Imposed for Failure to Report Elder Abuse”, 25 Elder L.J. 133 (2017).